Project Management Solutions
BGS supports federal programs and large complex projects with expertise, tools, and solutions for effective Project Management. We provide experts in performance-based program planning and management, Earned Value Management, risk management, change management, project documentation, and software tools for project baseline and financial management. BGS delivers a blend of proven solutions and innovation to help organizations satisfy requirements and improve performance.
Baseline Development, Management, and Automation
Strategic Planning and Lifecycle Baselines - Develop and maintain complex program and project baselines as planning, management, and decision support tools
Performance-based program planning, budgeting and scheduling, baseline change management and contract modifications – Develop and maintain performance baselines configured and controlled to contract and program requirements
Project Management tools and systems – Configure and implement project management control systems with integrated cost, schedule, and risk information
Project Dashboards providing ready access to information on the baseline, cost, schedule, WBS dictionary, contract modifications, work authorization, organizational assignments, risk, performance (variance) reporting (see Experience Highlights)
Automation: Customized, intuitive software solutions for streamlined and improved processes, integrated project reporting and analysis, and improved flexibility to meet changing business requirements
BGS provides professionals who are subject matter experts (SMEs) in Earned Value Management per EIA-748C. Our SMEs bring senior level experience from the government sector and industry to support federal programs and project teams with implementation, compliance, certification, and surveillance. Our services include:
- EVMS Evaluation (Compliance and Gap Analysis)
- EVMS Training
- EVMS Implementation
- Development of automated tools for EVMS reporting
Capital Asset Project Management Support
BGS personnel are experts in DOE O 413.3B for the acquisition of capital assets. We support DOE Headquarters on evaluating a project’s readiness in accordance with Project Definition Rating Index (PDRI) to enable approval of a CD and move to the next phase of development.
We support DOE Federal Project Directors (FPD) and Integrated Project Teams (IPT) in developing and maintaining the Performance Baseline, preparing Critical Decision (CD) documents and supporting reviews:
- Independent Cost Estimates & Independent Cost Reviews
- External Independent Reviews & Independent Project Reviews
- Design Reviews, Peer Reviews, EVMS Certification Implementation & Reviews
- Briefings for the Project Management Risk Committee, Environmental Management Acquisition Advisory Board (EMAAB), or Energy Systems Acquisition Advisory Board (ESAAB)
Our SMEs develop and review project documents including:
- Project Execution Plans and Risk Management Plans
- IPT Charter
- Change Control Procedures
- Performance and Lifecycle Baselines (including BOEs)
- Work Breakdown Structure (Index & Dictionaries)
- EVMS System Descriptions
- Conducting Project Definition Rating Index Analysis
BGS Project Managers and Project Support Professionals for government programs and for large complex, secure, and highly regulated projects. They support the full range of
- Planning and Baseline Management: Develop WBS and Dictionary sheets; Prepare and process Baseline Change Proposals and maintain configuration control
- Scheduling: P6 experts, administration, and training; including developing and maintaining baseline and working schedules
- Cost Estimating: cost proposals, implementation of software tools, development of estimates with the backup for certified cost or pricing, cost engineering and control. Develop Estimates at Completion and Estimates to Complete
- Risk Management: risk analysis, assessment, and management of an active risk management program
- Cost Data support and administration (Cobra)
- Project Control Systems: Integration of estimating, scheduling, and cost software systems (e.g., P6, Timberline, Cobra)
- EVM System Development and Maintenance: data analysis, and preparation of Variance Analysis Reports
- Project Reporting and Project Reviews:
- Compile Monthly Status Reports and briefings for management and customers
- Project Review Teams comprised of industry experts with the in-depth understanding of requirements and best practices
Experience Highlights and Recent Assignments
- BGS directly supports DOE HQ on EVMS Reviews and Independent Project Reviews and participated in the development of the Project Management EVMS Interpretive Handbook.
- BGS developed the EVMS WEBAPP for use at the DOE Portsmouth site. This EVMS web application is a front end of a WBS linked file management system that becomes the automated management tool for the project and serves as an automated version of the CAM’s Notebook. The application creates reports from background file folder in the configuration controlled EVMS systems (Cobra, P6, Accounting, etc.) to support EVMS reporting and analysis.
- BGS has supported EVMS implementation at sites across the DOE complex and provided training and tools to maintain compliance.
Examples of recent assignments:
- Providing SMEs for DOE EM Headquarters (HQ) project reviews and EVMS review teams.
- Providing the full scope of project controls and project support for the DOE PORTS D&D Project: baseline planning and change management; project controls and risk management; DOE O 413.3B documentation; EVMS implementation; and project management software.
- Developed customized, intuitive project management and project controls software solutions for large government contracts for integrated reporting and analysis and improved flexibility to meet changing business requirements.