Program Management Solutions
Boston Government Services, LLC (BGS) supports complex engineering, scientific, and technical programs and projects. We help clients meet operational needs and performance objectives with expertise, tools, and solutions for all aspects of Program and Project Management. We are experts in performance-based program planning, program management, baseline management, Earned Value Management, and risk management. We develop and implement software tools and data management solutions for project controls and providing information for better management decisions.
Program/Project Planning & Management
- Strategic Planning and Program, Project and Lifecycle Baseline Development
- Performance-Based Program/Project Management: Budgeting and scheduling, baseline change control and contract modifications
- Project Management Systems and Tools: Integrated Cost Schedule Control Systems and PM Dashboards that support performance baseline management, change control, reporting and EVMS compliance
- Project Documentation and Critical Decision Support: PEPs, IPTs Charters, Risk Management Plans, WBS dictionaries, BOEs, schedules, etc. per DOE O 413.3B requirements
- Customized, Intuitive Software Solutions: Automation and integration to streamline processes, improve reporting and analysis, and improve flexibility to meet changing business requirements
- EVMS Subject Matter Expertise: DOE O 413.3B and EIA-748 requirements for EVMS implementation, certification, surveillance reviews, and reporting
Federal Program Support
- Project Managers and support staff
- Scheduling: P6 experts, development, maintenance, reporting, administration, and training
- Cost Estimating: Cost proposals, estimating tools, certified cost or pricing data, cost engineering
- Risk Management: Assessment, analysis and management
- Cost system support and administration
Examples of Recent Assignments
- Mission Oriented Technical Support (MOTS) services in support of the U.S. Department of Energy’s, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE).
- Providing the full scope of project controls and project support for the DOE PORTS D&D Project: baseline planning, development and change management; project controls and risk management; DOE O 413.3B documentation; EVMS implementation; and project management software.
- Developed customized, intuitive project management and project controls software solutions for large government contracts.
- Providing SMEs for DOE EM Headquarters (HQ) project reviews and EVMS review teams.
BGS developed the EVMS WEBAPP for use at the DOE Portsmouth site. This EVMS application is a WBS linked file management system that becomes the management tool for the project and serves as the CAM’s Notebook. The application creates reports from background file folder in the EVMS systems (Cobra, P6, Accounting, etc.) to support EVMS reporting and analysis.
Capital Asset Project Management
We support both contractors and DOE Federal Project Directors (FPD) and Integrated Project Teams (IPT) in developing and maintaining the Performance Baseline, preparing Critical Decision (CD) documents and supporting reviews.
Develop Project Documentation (PEP, WBS, LCB, IPT Charters etc.)
We support DOE Headquarters on evaluating a project’s readiness (PDRI) for approval of a Critical Decision.