Project Management Services
BGS supports federal programs and large complex projects with personnel, tools, and solutions for all aspects of Project Management Services. BGS provides experts in performance-based program planning and management, Earned Value Management, risk management, change management, project documentation, and software tools for project baseline and financial management. BGS delivers a blend of proven solutions and innovation to help organizations satisfy operational needs and meet performance objectives.
Baseline Development and Maintenance
- Strategic Planning and Lifecycle Baseline development
- Performance-based program planning, budgeting and scheduling, baseline change management and contract modifications
- Project Management tools and systems - integrated cost schedule control systems that support project dashboards, variance analysis, and reporting
- Customized, intuitive software solutions for streamlined and improved processes, integrated project reporting and analysis, and improved flexibility to meet changing business requirements
- Project Documentation (PEP, IPT Charter, Risk Management Plans, WBS development and dictionaries, BOEs, etc.); Critical Decision documents and project briefings (PMRC, ESAAB, etc.) per DOE O 413.3B
- Support for Project Reviews (ICE/ICR, EIR/IPR, EVMS, Peer or Design)
- Project Managers and Project Support Professionals for complex, secure, and highly regulated projects
- Scheduling: P6 experts, administration, and training
- Cost Estimating: cost proposals, implementation of tools, development of estimates with the backup for certified cost or pricing, cost engineering and control
- Risk Management: risk analysis, assessment, and management
- Cobra: support and administration
- Project Review Teams comprised of industry experts with the in-depth understanding of requirements and best practices
Earned Value Management and
Capital Asset Project Management Support
BGS provides professionals who are subject matter experts (SMEs) in Earned Value Management per EIA-748C. Our SMEs bring senior level experience from the government sector and industry to support federal programs and project teams with implementation, compliance, certification, and surveillance.
- EVMS Evaluation (Compliance and Gap Analysis)
- EVMS Training
- EVMS Implementation
- Development of automated tools for EVMS reporting
Capital Asset Project Management
BGS personnel are experts in understanding the requirements of DOE O 413.3B for the acquisition of capital assets. We support DOE Federal Project Directors (FPD) and Integrated Project Teams (IPT) in developing and maintaining the Performance Baseline, preparing Critical Decision (CD) documents and supporting reviews. In addition, we support DOE Headquarters on evaluating a project’s readiness in accordance with Project Definition Rating Index (PDRI) to enable approval of a CD and move to the next phase of development.
- Cost estimating, including development of estimates with the backup for certified cost or pricing data and basis of estimate
- Scheduling, including developing and maintaining baseline and working schedules
- Identification and management of risks and maintenance of an active risk management program
- Integration of estimating, scheduling, and cost software systems (P6, Timberline, Cobra)
- Project Control professionals to develop and maintain the EVM system
- Prepare and analyze Variance Analysis Reports
- Develop Estimates at Completion and Estimates to Complete
- Process Baseline Change Proposals
- Compile Monthly Status Reports for management and customers
- Analyze EVMS Data
- Prepare Monthly Project Status Briefing
BGS directly supports DOE HQ on EVMS Reviews and Independent Project Reviews and participated in the development of the Project Management EVMS Interpretive Handbook.
BGS developed the EVMS WEBAPP for use at the DOE Portsmouth site. This EVMS web application is a front end of a WBS linked file management system that becomes the automated management tool for the project and serves as an automated version of the CAM’s Notebook. The application creates reports from background file folder in the configuration controlled EVMS systems (Cobra, P6, Accounting, etc.) to support EVMS reporting and analysis.
BGS has supported EVMS implementation at sites across the DOE complex and provided training and tools to maintain compliance.
Examples of recent assignments:
- Providing SMEs for DOE EM Headquarters (HQ) project reviews and EVMS review teams.
- Providing the full scope of project controls and project support for the DOE PORTS D&D Project: baseline planning and change management; project controls and risk management; DOE O 413.3B documentation; EVMS implementation; and project management software.
- Developed customized, intuitive project management and project controls software solutions for large government contracts for integrated reporting and analysis and improved flexibility to meet changing business requirements.