Since February 2021, Boston Government Services (BGS) has provided technical and administrative support for a Federal Environmental Management program site in the areas of information technology (IT) and cybersecurity. A primary aim of this support is to ensure the effectiveness of their cybersecurity program.
BGS provides integrated project coordination with the program’s IT oversight function and the site Cleanup Contractor in support of the mission and IT operations. Key support activities include:
- Evaluating the Contractor’s project plans, policies, procedures, technical instructions, and cybersecurity program documents and exhibits.
- Assisting Contractor staff in conducting regular cyber security assessments and audits and participating in strategic planning and cybersecurity policy development activities.
- Conducting threat and vulnerabilty assessments, providing guidance around cybersecurity incident response procedures and processes, and prioritizing remeditation activities based on the level of risk.
- Serving as subject-matter experts to help Federal and Contractor staff address potential cybersecurity incidents and support the Federal site office in conducting incident response activities.
- Performing continuous monitoring for Federal government programs to test and evaluate the accuracy of implementation documentation and the effectiveness of control implementations to facilitate cybersecurity compliance requirements.
BGS also provides cybersecurity defense infrastructure support. For example, BGS oversaw the installation and activation of the security monitoring tools, as well as the installation and activation of the Corporate Protection Program monitoring system. BGS also assisted the site contractor with encryption product performance tuning.
For more information, please contact email@example.com