Program Management & Integration
Solutions for Challenging Technical, Scientific, and Engineering Programs
BGS provides the expertise, experience and innovation to deliver effective support and solutions for critical government programs, complex federal projects and cutting-edge Research and Development activities.
Our management and technical capabilities were developed in complex, secure, and highly regulated federal environments. The resulting resources, capabilities, and expertise allows us to help clients plan, manage, and execute technical, scientific, and engineering programs to meet operational needs and performance objectives. Our blend of expertise, innovation, and experience translates to effective solutions tuned to our client’s mission needs.
Federal Program Support
Planning and Integration Support
- Strategic Planning, Program Planning and Management
- Financial Document and Budgetary Data Development
- Policy Development and Technical Oversight
- Regulatory Policy and Compliance Support
- Intergovernmental and Stakeholder Programs
- Internal and External Communications
Operational and Technical Support
- Engineering, Technical, and Operational Reviews
- Project Monitoring and Assessment
- Quality Assurance and Software Quality Assurance
- Nuclear Safety Basis, ES&H, Safety Integration and Management
- Safeguards, Security, and Emergency Preparedness
- Waste Management and Transportation
- Cyber Security and Information Management
- Technology Program Support
Support for Cutting Edge R&D Programs
- Direct Scientific, Engineering and Technical support for government and industry sponsored R&D activities
- Program Planning, Strategic Planning, Budget Development and Defense, and Financing Mechanism Support for Technology and R&D programs
- Policy/Market/Technology analysis
- Innovation and Technology Program Management
- Project Monitoring and Assessment support for National Laboratory Projects and Financial and Technical Assistance Projects
- Grant Application Evaluation and Selection Support, including Merit Reviews and Peer Reviews
- Technical Training and Technical Information
- Internal and External Communications
- Interagency and International Collaborations
Support for Complex Federal Projects
Our integrated approach enables clients to satisfy requirements, improve performance, and achieve mission objectives.
- Performance-based project planning and management: Integrated Lifecycle Baseline Development and change control, along with Earned Value Management and risk management
- Customized, intuitive software solutions: Automation and integration to streamline processes, improve reporting and analysis, and improve flexibility to meet changing business requirements
- Software tools and data management solutions: supporting project controls and provide information for better management decisions, including Integrated Cost Schedule Control Systems and Project Management Dashboards.
- EVMS Support: BGS provides subject matter experts (SMEs) in Earned Value Management per EIA-748 to support federal programs and project teams with implementation, compliance, certification, and surveillance.
- Capital Asset Project Management: BGS personnel are experts in meeting the requirements of DOE O 413.3B for the acquisition of capital assets. We support both contractors and DOE Federal Project Directors (FPD) and Integrated Project Teams (IPT) in developing and maintaining the Performance Baseline, preparing Critical Decision (CD) documents, and supporting reviews. We develop Project Documentation (PEP, WBS, LCB, IPT Charters etc.).
Integrated Project Management Control Systems
- Mission Oriented Technical Support (MOTS) services in support of the U.S. Department of Energy’s, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) to support our nation’s clean energy future. Download Project Description
- Consolidated Technical Support Services (CTSS) to DOE Environmental Management program offices for comprehensive technical support and subject matter expertise for Field Operations, Regulatory and Policy Affairs, and Corporate Services. Download Project Description
- Providing the full scope of project controls and project support for the DOE PORTS D&D Project: baseline planning, development and change management, project controls and risk management, DOE O 413.3B documentation; EVMS implementation, and project management software.
- Developed customized, intuitive project management and project controls software solutions for large government contracts. BGS developed the EVMS WEBAPP for use at the DOE Portsmouth site. This EVMS application is a WBS linked file management system that becomes the management tool for the project and serves as the CAM’s Notebook. The application creates reports from background file folder in the EVMS systems (Cobra, P6, Accounting, etc.) to support EVMS reporting and analysis.