Energy & Environmental Programs
Spearheading government engineering, technology, and R&D programs for the energy and environmental markets.
Supporting all aspects of critical government programs from program planning and management to the implementation of scientific, technical, management, and engineering solutions.
Energy technology, nuclear technology, and information security R&D programs. BGS supports our nation’s energy independence, national security, and competitiveness.
Talented professionals with a deep understanding of Energy and Environmental programs and the challenges of complex secure and highly regulated environments allows BGS to support some of the U.S. Department of Energy’s most challenging programs.
Program Management Support
BGS provides the expertise and innovative solutions that support all aspects of critical government programs from program planning and management to the implementation of scientific, technical, management, and engineering solutions.
Experience in complex secure and highly regulated environments allows BGS to support some of the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) most challenging Energy and Environmental Programs.
- Strategic and Program Planning
- Financial Document and Budgetary Data Development
- Policy Development and Technical Oversight
- Intergovernmental and Stakeholder Programs
- Internal and External Communications
- Staff Development and Training
BGS has a pool of talented professionals with a deep understanding of Energy and Environmental programs and the challenges of complex secure and highly regulated environments. This allows BGS to support some of the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) most challenging Energy and Environmental Programs. From Program Planning to Technical Evaluations, to Operational Oversight, BGS delivers the talent with the experience to provide the best support and solutions for Technical and Operational needs.
- Operational and Technical Support
- Engineering, Technical, and Operational Reviews
- Project Monitoring and Assessment
- Quality Assurance and Software Quality Assurance
- Nuclear Safety Basis, ES&H, Safety Integration and Management
- Safeguards, Security, and Emergency Preparedness
- Waste Management and Transportation
- Cyber Security and Information Management
- Technology Program Support
Research & Development Program Management and Support
BGS scientists, engineering and technical professionals support energy, nuclear technology, and information security R&D from strategic program planning through technology program management to direct support for demonstration, delivery, and implementation of cutting-edge technologies that support our nation’s energy independence, national security, and competitiveness.
- Program Planning, Strategic Planning, Budget Development and Defense, and Financing Mechanism Support for Technology and R&D programs
- Policy/Market/Technology analysis
- Innovation and Technology Program Management
- Project Monitoring and Assessment support for National Laboratory Projects and Financial and Technical Assistance Projects
- Grant Application Evaluation and Selection Support, including Merit Reviews and Peer Reviews
- Technical Training and Technical Information
- Internal and External Communications
- Interagency and International Collaborations
Direct engineering and technical support for technology R&D We support the DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) R&D program portfolio that is core to the Administration’s National Energy Policy and our nation’s competitiveness and energy security. We are engaged in program development for renewable and efficient energy technologies, working side by side with the EERE staff on program planning. We help to plan and justify the resources necessary to execute the mission, support the oversight in the execution of the plan, and evaluate the results and benefits from these plans. Our engineering, scientific, and program/project management expertise are central to supporting the EERE Programs.
We support technology development and deployment activities at National Laboratories including providing the design and fabrication of key components for cutting edge isotope enrichment technology.
The Interconnection Innovation e-Xchange (i2X) develops innovative solutions to enable faster, simpler, and fairer interconnection of solar energy, wind energy, and energy storage, while enhancing the reliability and resilience of our nation’s distribution and...
BGS supports planning, management, and oversight of renewable/alternative energy R&D projects for the DOE Office of Energy Efficiency/Renewable Energy (EERE). This work supports our nation’s $2 Billon investment in renewable/alternative technologies such as Solar,...
Consolidated Technical Support Services for the Department of Energy Environmental Management Program
Consolidated Technical Support Services (CTSS) to DOE Environmental Management program offices for comprehensive technical support and subject matter expertise for Field Operations, Regulatory and Policy Affairs, and Corporate Services. Download This PDF For More...
Mission Oriented Technical Support (MOTS) services in support of the U.S. Department of Energy’s, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) to support our nation’s clean energy future. Download This PDF For More Info