BGS fully engages and commits to client mission success — from strategic planning and start-up to ensuring safety and security throughout all stages of the operational life cycle.
BGS provides highly experienced technical experts to support mission success and safety for nuclear facilities, Research & Development(R&D) activities, environmental cleanup, and commercial power.
Support for Mission Success:
- Implementation of nuclear safety requirements
- Procedures/conduct of operations
- Quality assurance (NQA-1 and ISO-9001)
- Readiness assurance, implementation validation reviews, and operational readiness reviews
- Independent assessments
- Contractor/mission assurance
- Design engineering for facility modifications and maintenance
- Training program development
Safety & Security:
- Nuclear safety analysis and licensing services
- Nuclear criticality safety
- Personnel and information security
- Security risk and vulnerability assessments, and design basis threat support
- Classified room design, implementation, and management
- Protective Force planning, procedures, and performance testing
- Cybersecurity experts to protect critical infrastructure and maximize efficiency
BGS is experienced at working in complex, secure and highly regulated nuclear operations environments:
Criticality Safety Support
Manages the nuclear and criticality safety program and develops the written safety bases and criticality safety evaluations for UCOR to ensure safe operation of the clean-up activities at the Department of Energy Oak Ridge Reservation.
Nuclear Safety Technical Support
Enabled safe dismantling and disposal of a former uranium enrichment facility at PORTS by supporting the development of the criticality incredible determination for Building X-326, OSWDF, and leachate treatment system.
Engineering and Technical Support
Enabling the development, licensing, and implementation of a project to produce highly enriched uranium metal at the BWXT-Nuclear Fuel Services facility.
Leading the Readiness Assist Team activities to prepare the UPF for transition from the design/construction phase to an operational facility under the Y-12 M&O contract.
Safety Basis Development
Leads planning and development of the DSA for ground operations for plutonium heat source and Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator assembly, handling, and transportation supporting NASA space missions.
Safety Basis Development and Implementation
Provided expertise in developing the rewrite of the NNSS Device Assembly Facility and the NCERC DSA documents to provide a strong regulatory compliance posture.
Security Assessment and Planning
Security risk assessment for the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant, including EA preparation review, design basis threat implementation assessment, and general security support services.
Challenge A Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence (FOCI) review must be conducted on any corporation, company, or entity that performs work for the federal government. At the Department of Energy’s Office of Environmental Management (EM), FOCI reviews were conducted...